Falls from bed can cause injuries; some of which may be life threatening. Bed rails offer a solution to this problem but, if not used properly, may introduce new risks.
The aim of this course is to develop awareness of how to use bed rails safely and effectively in ways that comply with current legislation and best practice. Learners will gain understanding of factors that need to be taken into account when considering using bed rails; hazards that their use introduces; and correct fitting of bed rails.
• Types of bed rails
• Reasons for using bed rails
• Client consent, choice and capacity
• Risks and hazards when using bed rails
• Risk assessment
• Selecting and fitting
• Record Keeping and Documentation
• Challenging Behaviour In People With Dementia
• Health and Safety Awareness
Interested in this course?