People who are caring for individuals with chronic health conditions need an insight into the ways in which their clients might be affected.
The course is designed to inform people about diabetes and to raise awareness of its effects on individual’s physical and mental wellbeing. The trainer will emphasise that everyone is different even if they share a diagnosis.
• What is diabetes?
• Risk factors for developing diabetes
• Treatment and management options
• Responding to hypoglycaemia
• Responding to hyperglycaemia
• Links between diabetes and other health conditions
• Reducing long-term effects
• Diet and Nutrition
• Administration of Medicines
• Basic First Aid
Interested in this course?