People living in care homes are three times more likely to fall than older people living in the community. Falls currently account for 90% of reportable injuries to clients in care homes.
Attendees will learn that taking the right steps at the right time can reduce or prevent the occurrence of falls. They will understand why falls prevention is important and know the role they have to play in preventing falls.
• Background to falls
• Causes and risk factors of falls
• Physical and psychological consequences of falls
• Risk assessment
• Care planning
• Actions to be taken in the event of a fall
• Assisting and Moving Individuals
• Health and Safety Awareness
• Improving Outcomes for People with Dementia
• Falls Response
Interested in this course?