Falls response training focuses on how carers should respond to a client who is falling, or has fallen. The course briefly covers falls prevention (available as a separate course) but is a more practical examination of techniques to use after a fall.
Attendees will understand the importance of responding correctly to a person who has fallen or is falling and will know appropriate techniques to use.
• Definition and types of falls
• Causes of falls
• Risk assessment and falls prevention
• Responding to the falling client
• Lowering methods (if requested)
• Intervention options for the fallen client
• Reporting and recording
• Falls Prevention
• Health and Safety Awareness
• Basic First Aid
• Assisting and Moving Individuals
Interested in this course?