Newly introduced due to popular request this is a highly practical addition to our moving and handling training. It can either be taken as a stand alone course or combined with Assisting and Moving Individuals to form a comprehensive training day.
To know how to use a hoist safely in ways which also maintain the dignity of clients.
• Risk assessment
• Rights and consent
• An ergonomic approach
• Promoting independence
(If chosen as an addition to Assisting and Moving Individuals these will be covered by that course)
• Principles of safe hoist use
• Maintaining dignity and reducing anxiety
• Competence assessment: each learner will demonstrate safe use of the hoist
• Health and Safety Awareness
• Promoting Dignity and Compassion in Care
Interested in this course?