All care providers have legal responsibilities to minimise risk of infection; these duties require that care staff receive suitable information, instruction, training and supervision related to infection control.
While looking at the issues surrounding infection control in the care environment learners will gain an understanding of their personal responsibilities in protecting themselves and their clients from the spread of infection.
• Infection and how it spreads
• Preventing cross-contamination
• Personal protective equipment
• Waste disposal
• Health and Safety Awareness
• Record Keeping and Documentation
• Administration of Medicines
D/600/8989; L/501/6737; H/501/7103; K/602/4032
Interested in this course?