Older people living in care are at increased risk of malnutrition and associated health problems; it is the responsibility of their care provider to ensure that they receive adequate food and fluids.
Attendees will know how to recognise when a client may be undernourished and know the action to take to treat and prevent this.
• Elements of a balanced diet
• Risk factors and consequences of malnutrition and dehydration
• Meeting nutritional requirements
• Improving the dining experience
• Supporting clients to make good choices
• Record keeping
• Improving Outcomes for People with Dementia
• Food Hygiene and Safety
• Person-centred Approaches
HSC2014 elements 1-5
Interested in this course?