Record Keeping and Documentation
To provide adequate, appropriate care and to meet legal requirements staff must be able to complete documents clearly and correctly. This course uses exercises and scenarios to support staff in developing and improving their record keeping skills.
- Attendees will understand how to use reports and records appropriately.
- They will know how good or poor record keeping can affect client care and know best practice for accurate documentation.
• The importance of record keeping and documentation
• The purpose and function of health records
• Effects of good record keeping
• Effects of poor record keeping
• Legal and professional issues
• Appropriate style and content
• Administration of Medication
• Safeguarding Adults at Risk
HSC028 elements 1,2 and 3.
Interested in this course?