If you care for people who have had a stroke you need to understand the challenges they face and ways in which you can support them. If you have clients who are at risk of stroke you can help them to reduce that risk if they are willing to make simple lifestyle changes.
- Attendees will gain understanding of what strokes are and how they might affect people.
- They will be given insight into good care practices to support people facing physical and mental challenges after a stroke.
- Learners will also gain an understanding of preventive measures to reduce the likelihood of stroke.
• Surviving a stroke
• What is a stroke?
• Stroke prevention
• Problems affecting balance and mobilisation
• Other long term effects of stroke
- Basic First Aid
- Person-centred Approaches
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
Interested in this course?